1. Wipe walls and ceilings- Start by using a vacuum with a brush to remove dust, and then give your walls and ceilings a wipe down with a damp cloth. For stubborn grime, such as the build-up in kitchens, use a solvent-free degreaser so you don’t damage your paintwork.
2. Get the carpets cleaned- Hire a Brisbane carpet cleaning service and get them to come in and give your carpets and rugs a thorough clean. You’ll be surprised how much dust and bacteria are hiding in them
3. Dust, Dust, and Dust some more – Get out the feather duster and work your way around the home from top to bottom. This includes typically forgotten areas such as the tops of ceiling fans and bookshelves.
4. Wash your window screens– Using warm water and detergent, scrub each of your fly screens with a soft brush then rinse well.
5. Clean the windows while your there– Nothing makes a house look clean better than shining windows. For large areas use a squeegee and lambswool applicator.
6. Wax wooden furniture– Give your furniture some TLC with a paste wax and a soft cloth.
7. Check your fire safety- As we are moving into fire season here in Australia, make sure that you change the batteries in your smoke detectors and clear your gutters so your new clean home is around for years to come.
Spring cleaning tips to make the job go smoothly
Spring cleaning can be a tough job if you attempt it on your own, so here are our 3 top tips to making the process fast and enjoyable.
1. Get the family involved
2. Switch the radio on and sing along to your favorite songs while you clean
3. Reward yourself with a long warm bath to relax after a hard day’s work.
Once you follow this spring cleaning list, you’re home or office will be shining from top to bottom. And if you’re too busy to give your property a full spring clean, then get in touch and we’ll be happy to help out.